Engine Service and Repair
Your engine is the heart of your vehicle, it is what is keeping things alive and flowing. So now when you think of your engine you need to think about it a preventive maintenance plan to change, check/fill, inspect and clean the essential components to help keep it healthy and alive.
When you trust in Accurso Automotive with your vehicle's health we will do the following:
- Visual inspection of engine components - Our experienced technicians will visually inspect your engine and its various components. We know just what to look for if something is out of place, making sure nothing is over looked.
- Replace air filters - Air filters are vital to keep your vehicle free from harmful contaminants and debris. Filters become clogged over time and if not changed often enough it hinders performance causing the car to run poorly. They should be replaced during oil changes or as recommended by the vehicle manufacturer.
- Replace fuel filters - Fuel filters keep dirt and debris that may be in your gas tank from reaching your engine. Your vehicle needs clean gas or you will start to have problems such as poor gas mileage, problems starting, and lack of power. Having it replaced when these warning signs start to happen will prevent costly repairs down the road.
- Crankcase vent filter - This prevents gas buildups and keeps the air flow in your engine clean. If sludge build up occurs it can prevent the clean air circulation and you can start to have problems such as oil leaks and using more oil than usual to run your engine.
- Fuel pump - A fuel pump delivers the gas to your engine from the fuel tank. It maintains a consistent flow of gasoline to the engine, keeping your vehicle running smoothly. If the flow is inadequate the engine becomes sluggish and runs poorly. It is recommended to not allow your car to go below 1/4 of a tank of gasoline. Running on fumes can damage your fuel pump.
- Ignition wires - Ignition wires or more commonly known as spark plugs wires, are responsible for igniting the fuel that causes the car to crank. These can become degraded and worn out over time, causing the car not to start properly, poor gas mileage and the engine may start to shake. These are inspected visually as well as through the computer diagnostics and should be replaced if a faulty wire is found.
Have Accurso Automotive give your engine a complete inspection and keep it running at peak performance.